by Joe Panettieri • Sep 16, 2022
Note: Keep checking this blog — featuring session previews, recaps and hallway conversations — throughout the conference at The Watergate Hotel (September 19-21, Washington D.C.). And please email me your conference perspectives ([email protected]) for potential coverage in this blog.
MSSP Alert Live 2022: Day One Conversation Preview
The Day One conversations — featuring open Q&A with our MSP and MSSP attendees — will cover such areas as…
Patrick Beggs, CISO, ConnectWise
Discussion will feature research takeaways
1. Seven Cyber Truths for MSPs and MSSPs: I’ll share key takeaways from our latest Top 250 MSSPs list and research. We’ll pinpoint the cyber highs and lows that MSPs have faced over the past five years, and we’ll preview where MSPs and MSSPs are heading next in the cyber market.
ConnectWise CISO Patrick Beggs will be on-hand to keep me honest while offering key MSP and MSSP industry perspectives from the lens of a CISO. Beggs and I first met during the ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 conference in June 2022. During that conversation, he described how the company — and its MSP community — continue to harden their cyber defenses…
Wendy K. Thomas, CEO, Secureworks
2. Extending from Traditional MSSP to Managed XDR Strategies: Next up, Secureworks CEO Wendy Thomas will join me to discuss key lessons amid an aggressive pivot into XDR (eXtended Detection and Response) services and technologies. This session is especially timely for MSPs and MSSPs that are seeking to build next-generation services — while sizing up the associated talent, technology and partnership requirements.
Some context: Secureworks bet its business on XDR, while pivoting away from non-strategic, lower-margin services. Read between the lines, and the team has the discipline to “say no” when certain old-school revenue opportunities present themselves. Instead, the company has gone all-in on XDR. How’s it going so far — and what are the lessons learned for MSPs and MSSPs in the room? Thomas will share her perspectives.
Booz Allen Senior VP VP Wade Alt
3. Modern Cyber Defense and Response Services: Closing out our Day One content, Booz Allen Hamilton Senior VP Wade Alt joins our fireside chat to recap the company’s key 2022 cyber defense learnings and key priorities for 2023.
For MSSPs and MSPs of all sizes that want to stand the test of time, it would be wise to steal a few pages from Wade Alt and the Booz Allen playbook. Indeed, Allen leads the company’s cyber defense and response services within the firm’s commercial practice. Moreover, Booz Allen — founded in 1914 — has pivoted multiple times over multiple decades. Most recently, CEO Horacio Rozanski and CFO Lloyd Howell described a four-part strategy to further scale the Booz Allen business.
On a related note, Booz Allen recently launched a $100 million venture capital arm — so cyber startup investments could also be on the way.
MSSP Alert Live 2022: Pose Your Questions, Stay Updated
4. Attendee Q&A: Let’s be clear. These fireside chats will feature open Q&A with our attendees.
5. Got Questions?: If you’ve got questions ahead of each session, please email them to me ([email protected]). I’ll give them a look, and will strive to work them into sessions throughout the conference.
Note: Special thanks to the MSPs, MSSPs, speakers and sponsors who are set to join us at MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.). Keep checking this blog for live updates throughout the conference.