Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 9 March 2023
by Jim Masters • Mar 9, 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Guidance: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR), has released a cybersecurity implementation guide to help the public and private health care sectors prevent cybersecurity incidents. The Cybersecurity Framework Implementation Guide is an essential joint industry-government publication by the Health Sector Coordinating Council (HSCC) Cybersecurity Working Group and HHS, and serves as a roadmap for healthcare organizations to implement the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
2. Zero Trust Integration: DNSFilter has announced an integration partnership with Banyan Security, a security service edge (SSE) solution vendor. The joint solution combines DNSFilter’s advanced threat detection and content filtering technology with Banyan Security’s remote access platform.
3. Leadership Moves: Proficio, a managed security services provider (MSSP) delivering managed detection and response (MDR) services, has made two appointments to its commercial team. Jen Ferguson joins as vice president of Marketing and Glenn Williamson as vice president of Channel Sales.
4. Product Launch: Conceal, a specialist in protecting against web-based attacks by securing the browser, has introduced new capabilities to its ConcealBrowse platform: silent deployment and multi-tenant management. ConcealBrowse is a comprehensive web browser security solution, which adds a new layer of protection to prevent advanced phishing and credential theft attacks, the company said.
5. Satellite Cybersecurity Advancement: QuSecure, a specialist in post-quantum cybersecurity, announced that the company has accomplished the first known live, end-to-end quantum-resilient cryptographic communications satellite link through space. This marks the first time U.S. satellite data transmissions have been protected from classical and quantum decryption attacks using post-quantum cryptography (PQC), the company said.
6. Funding Boost: Cado Security, a cloud forensics and incident response platform specialist, has raised $20M in funding, the company announced. The round was led by Eurazeo, a global investment company, and joined by Ten Eleven Ventures.
7. Product Launch: Interos, an operational resilience company focused on supply chain security, has launched of its enhanced cyber risk factor, one component of its i-Score measurement of operational resilience. The update to the i-Score includes a novel cyber behavior model to detect potentially harmful cyber activity, along with commercial cyber ratings, vulnerability information, threat assessment (Mitre ATT&CK), cyber events, regulatory compliance, and operating country issues, into a single score.
8. Cyber Catalog Debuts: 3GO Security has released its Security and Privacy Controls for Individuals and Small Businesses catalog. Based on the NIST 800-53 guidelines, 3GO’s catalog comprehensively translate applicable cybersecurity concepts into controls and terminology appropriate for home and very small organization settings.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences