Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 3 March 2023
by Jim Masters • Mar 3, 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. National Cyber Strategy Endorsed: The Cyber AB, the official accreditation body of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) initiative, has announced its endorsement and support for the White House’s new National Cybersecurity Strategy. “We applaud this effort by the Office of the National Cyber Director and welcome the shift to rebalancing cybersecurity responsibilities and the realigning of cybersecurity incentives that the strategy calls for,” said Matthew Travis, CEO of The Cyber AB.
2. Industry Recognition: SentinelOne has been positioned by Gartner as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms. The cybersecurity company is positioned as a Leader for the second consecutive report based on its Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
3. Product Launch: ThreatHunter.ai has launched FIRST EYES, an offering designed to help organizations without robust cybersecurity programs to manage potential risks and protect against the rising tide of cyberattacks. FIRST EYES provides an urgent supplement to existing cybersecurity measures, offering easy implementation, scalability and customized solutions to help organizations stay protected, the company stated.
4. Industry Recognition: Bitdefender announced that Bitdefender Mobile Security was named Best Android Security 2022 by AV-TEST, an independent testing organization that retains one of the world’s largest collections of malware samples. This is the sixth time Bitdefender Mobile Security has earned the distinction of “Best Android Security” from AV-TEST, the company stated.
5. New MSP Service Debuts: MSPAlliance, a global industry association and accrediting body, has launched Cyber Verify, a new platform designed to help MSPs achieve compliance. The platform helps streamline the complex audit process and now makes compliance an achievable goal for all MSPs.
6. Industry Recognition: SecurityScorecard, a global security ratings, response and resilience company, has been named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023.
7. Cyber Company for Sale?: OneSpan, a cybersecurity tools vendor that has become the target of activist hedge funds, is reportedly exploring options that include a sale of the company. OneSpan is working with investment bank Evercore on a sale process that could attract interest from other companies and private equity firms. (Source: Reuters)
8. Email Compromise Research: Avanan has published a new report on tracking the rise and continuous evolution of business email compromise (BEC) attacks, as researchers observe different variants.