by Joe Panettieri • Sep 27, 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSPs and Microsoft 365 Security: SaaS Alerts has released a new Account Management Tool to help MSPs clean up Microsoft Guest User Accounts and inactive accounts.
2. Patching as a Managed Service: Aunalytics has “initiated” its Security Patching Platform and co-managed Patching as a Service to complement the company’s Advanced Security solution suite.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: Infosec Partners has launched the XZERO Early Warning System (EWS) for “detecting and responding to cyber security attacks with ZERO false positives,” the MSSP asserts.
4. Zero Trust Mobile Security: Cloudflare has unveiled Zero Trust SIM, a solution that “secures every packet of data leaving mobile devices.” Moreover, Cloudflare plans to launch Zero Trust for Mobile Operators, a new wireless carrier partner program that will “allow any carrier to seamlessly offer their own subscribers comprehensive mobile security tools by tapping into Cloudflare’s Zero Trust platform,” the company said.
5. Healthcare Compliance: KnowBe4 has launched a new version of its Compliance Audit Readiness Assessment (CARA). The update supports “select requirements for HIPAA Security Rule to address healthcare privacy requirements,” KnowBe4 said. The update comes as KnowBe4 considers an unsolicited buyout bid from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
6. AIOps for Network Security Automation: Fortinet has announced enhanced AIOps for its networking portfolio. AIOps, short for artificial intelligence for IT operations, describes the use of big data analytics, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to automate the identification and resolution of common IT issues, TechTarget notes.
7. Software Supply Chain Executive Order: Here is the complete executive order focused on software supply chain security.