Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 24 May 2023
by Jim Masters • May 24, 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Federal Government Publishes Ransomware Guide: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), National Security Agency (NSA), and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) have published the #StopRansomware Guide, an updated version of the 2020 guide. The #StopRansomware Guide is a one-stop resource to help organizations reduce the risk of ransomware incidents and includes step-by-step approaches to address potential attacks.
2. Company Milestone: OpenText announced that it has been recognized as a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant review for application security testing (AST) for the 10th consecutive year.
3. Product Launch: Appdome has brought to market Build-to-Test, which enables mobile developers to streamline the testing of cybersecurity features in mobile apps. The new capability allows Appdome-protected mobile apps to recognize when automated mobile app testing suites are in use and securely completed without interruption by a vendor.
4. New Security Releases: Belden has released five new products that provide enhanced security, better performance and seamless integration. The releases include additions to Belden’s PROVIZE Network Planning, Commissioning and Management Suite; a new Hirschmann Firewall; and a 4-Channel SMPTE Cable and VFD Cable Glands.
5. Leadership Move: Paladin Capital Group, a cyber and advanced technologies investor, announced that former National Cyber Director Chris Inglis will return to the firm as a strategic advisor. Prior to his role in President Biden’s administration, Inglis served as a managing director at Paladin for seven years.
6. Product Launch: Blackpoint Cyber has brought to market Managed Application Control, continuing its investment in building out a comprehensive MSP security ecosystem, the company said. The new solution simplifies security management and improves productivity for MSPs and the businesses they serve.
7. Industry Recognition: CyberProof has attained a specialization in both threat protection and cloud security from Microsoft. CyberProof has been recognized for its platform-enabled model for managed detection and response (MDR) services.
8. Pentesting Solution Released: BG Networks has unveiled its CRATE (Collaborative Remote Automated Test Environment) platform for remote penetration testing. CRATE allows product security professionals to securely access ECUs from anywhere. By linking remote penetration testing expertise with centrally located ECUs, CRATE accelerates time to market while reducing costs, the company said.