by Joe Panettieri • Nov 22, 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Partner Program: CyberRes, a Micro Focus business, has launched an MSSP partner program. The new program spans such CyberRes products as ArcSight for security operations, Fortify for application security, NetIQ for identity and access management, and Voltage for data privacy and protection. The partner program surfaces amid OpenText’s $6 billion buyout of Micro Focus. OpenText also offers various MDR services to MSPs and MSSPs.
2. MDR Service Provider Rebrands: Milton Security has rebranded as ThreatHunter.ai. The company expanded its MDR platform with threat hunting capabilities in 2020.
3. Integration – EDR and XDR Security: Malwarebytes EDR now integrates with Stellar Cyber Open XDR. As a result, Malwarebytes EDR can send endpoint and server data to Stellar Cyber, which analyzes the data to identify potential threats. As security analysts complete investigation in Stellar Cyber, response actions are sent to Malwarebytes to eliminate the threat, the companies said./
4. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Plurilock revenue was $46.8 million for the first nine months of 2022 — up 96% from the corresponding period in 2021. Still, it’s important to put that growth in proper context. Indeed, much of the growth involved revenue from two acquisitions: Aurora Systems Consulting. and Integra Networks. More recently, Plurilock acquired CloudCodes in September 2022. Plurilock’s stock is down roughly 66% over the past year.
5. Microsoft and Rackspace – MSP Partnership: Rackspace has earned five new Microsoft Solutions Partner designations as part of the newly launched Microsoft Cloud Partner Program. The new Solution Partner designations are for Data & AI, Digital & Application Innovation, Infrastructure, Modern Work, and Security, the companies said.
6. Cybersecurity Grants: The State of Missouri has introduced a cybersecurity grant program that offers individual awards of up to $200,000 each, Lincoln News Now reported.