Today’s MSSP and cybersecurity market news involves 146 MSSP mergers and acquisitions; top 7 security operations center challenges for SOC analysts, according to Swimlane; NSA National SOC updates & more.
Source: Getty Images
by Joe Panettieri • Nov 21, 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Mergers and Acquisitions: Here’s a list of 146 MSSP buyers, sellers and private equity investors.
2. Top Seven SOC Analyst Challenges: They include too many alerts, too many false positives, understaffed security teams, poor visibility in environments, spending too much time on manual tasks, compliance challenges and limited security budgets, according to Swimlane.
3. National Security Operations Center (NSOC): The Morrison Center at the National Security Agency (NSA) Fort Meade East Campus is beginning to welcome its first occupants, Homeland Security Today reported.