by Joe Panettieri • Sep 12, 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. DattoCon22 Live Blog Day 2: Get the latest DattoCon22, Kaseya, Datto & MSP partner news here.
2. SOAR for MSSPs: D3 Security has launched D3 Chronos, a streamlined, multi-tenant SOAR package for MSSPs that can cut alert-handling times by 90% within two weeks, the company asserts. Stay tuned for more details.
3. MSSP Brand Launch: Redington Value, a value-added distributor (VAD) in the Middle East and Africa, has launched a branded MSSP business. Known as DigiGlass by Redington, the MSSP will help organizations “Respond to threats, Rethink technological solutions and Reframe practices for unified cybersecurity strategies,” the company said.
4. Talent – Cyber M&A: Cerberus Cyber Sentinel, a managed compliance and cybersecurity provider, has named David Bronner as mergers and acquisitions (M&A) legal counsel. He will lead all legal matters regarding the company’s ongoing M&A activity, Cerberus said.
6. Broadband Network – Military Concerns: The U.S. Defense Department said a study shows Ligado Networks’ planned nationwide mobile broadband network will interfere with military global positioning system receivers (GPS) receivers, Reuters reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar