Password management company Keeper Security adds capabilities to its platform to help MSPs manage customers’ security & compliance.
by Dan Kobialka • Sep 8, 2022
Keeper Security, a password and secrets management software provider, has added capabilities to its KeeperMSP platform to help MSPs manage security and compliance for their customers.
New Capabilities Detailed
The new KeeperMSP capabilities include:
- Advanced Reporting & Alerts (ARAM) Module enables information and security administrators to use custom reports, real-time notifications and integrations with third-party security information and event management (SIEM) solutions to monitor more than 100 different security events.
- BreachWatch offers a monitoring tool that scans the dark web and receives alerts on compromised passwords to help organizations prevent account takeovers.
- Compliance Reporting provides insights into access permissions across an organization’s credentials and secrets and supports audits for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and other industry regulations.
- KeeperChat delivers end-to-end encryption for messaging across employee devices.
- Keeper Connection Manager provides development and operations and IT teams with access to RDP, SSH and Kubernetes endpoints through a web browser.
- Keeper Secrets Manager removes hard-coded credentials from an organization’s source code, configuration files and continuous integration and continuous development systems.
- Secure File Storage limits file access to authorized personnel.
The new capabilities empower Keeper Security’s MSP partners with the ability to support a “zero-trust security model for maximum protection,” CEO Darren Guccione said. In doing so, they provide these partners with new revenue growth opportunities and help them further distinguish themselves from competitors in the managed security services market.
Keeper Security Introduces One-Time Share Feature
Along with the new capabilities for KeeperMSP, Keeper Security in June 2022 announced the One-Time Share feature for its cybersecurity platform.
One-Time Share lets end-users share secure links over email or text message without the risk of exposing sensitive information, Keeper Security said. It provides users with time-limited, secure sharing of a password, document or other confidential information to a recipient who does not have a Keeper account. As such, One-Time Share promotes secure information-sharing.
MSPs can join the Keeper Partner Network to integrate the company’s password and secrets management capabilities into their offerings. To date, Keeper Security has partnered with at least 10 MSPs, including Netrix IT and Entara.