Aviatrix Delivers Distributed Cloud Firewall Network Security Solution
by Dan Kobialka • May 18, 2023
Aviatrix has launched the Distributed Cloud Firewall (DCF) solution, which is designed to help organizations improve “network security scalability, performance, operational simplicity, agility and cost,” according to the company.
Commenting on the new release, Aviatrix’s CEO Steve Mullaney said:
“The cloud is perimeterless, agile, dynamic and scale-out by design. Network security must follow, (and) it must be distributed and embedded into the network to deliver a true zero trust, agile environment. Aviatrix Distributed Cloud Firewall is going to dramatically change the cloud security game for our customers and save them a lot of money in the process.”
What Is a Distributed Cloud Firewall?
A distributed cloud firewall provides organizations with everything they need to secure their cloud environments, Aviatrix noted.
It meets the following requirements:
- Features inspection and policy enforcement embedded into a native cloud infrastructure and natural application communication flows, ensuring that all traffic is seen and does not have to be redirected to centralized inspection points
- Offers cloud-aware policy creation and uses cloud-native workload identity tags and attributes to determine how and where policies are enforced
- Promotes zero trust operations by providing visibility and control, auto-scaling to match application requirements and programmable with industry standard infrastructure-as-code automation and included in development and security operations (DevSecOps) continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Supports native cloud APIs for cloud network and cloud security orchestration
- Separates networking and security duties and delivers micro-segmentation, network isolation, threat detection and mitigation, anomaly detection, vulnerability scanning and other security services
Meanwhile, DCF eliminates the need to redirect traffic to centralized firewalls or other network security services, Aviatrix indicated. DCF provides users with a centralized programmable interface to create and maintain policies across multi-cloud environments.
Furthermore, DCF offers cloud-aware policy creation, ensuring that users can utilize cloud workload identity tags and attributes to configure their cloud services and enforce policies.
A Closer Look at Aviatrix
Aviatrix offers a “secure cloud network for business-critical applications,” according to the company. Organizations can use Aviatrix’s secure cloud networking software across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and other cloud environments. The software helps organizations establish a consistent networking and security architecture across their cloud services providers.
To date, Aviatrix has partnered with NTT Data Business Solutions, Equinix and other globally recognized companies. Aviatrix also offers a partner program for MSPs.